Below are answers to the most frequently asked questions about Emma Walton Hamilton’s Products & Courses.
Please click on the appropriate link to see the FAQ’s for the specific product or course you are interested in:
- Which courses/products are self-paced?
School Visit Wizard, Editor in a Box for Picture Books and Editor in a Box for Chapter Books & Novels are entirely self-paced. My Just Write Courses have suggested paces (Just Write for Kids is 8 weeks and Just Write for Middle Grade or Just Write for Young Adults are 14 weeks) but there is no requirement to stick to that pace. Feel free to take as much or as little time as you will need.
- How long will I have access to my course/product?
You will have continued access to any product or course you purchase.
- When does the course/product I purchased start?
Whenever you’re ready! Because it’s designed as an independent study, and delivered to you digitally via email, the course you’ve purchased may be started – and completed – at any time you choose.
- Do you offer any payment plans for your courses/products?
Yes, but only for my Just Write courses (Just Write for Kids, Just Write for Middle Grade, Just Write for Young Adults). Further information about the payment plans can be found on the sales pages for each course. Editor in a Box and School Visit Wizard do not have any payment plans.
- I live outside of the US. Can I take a course/purchase a product?
Yes! My courses and products are delivered to you at home, wherever you are in the world, via email and the internet. Once you make your payment, you will gain immediate access to the website which contains all of the materials associated with the course/product you’ve purchased. Please note that the course is delivered in English. Unfortunately I am not yet able to translate it to other languages.
- Are there opportunities to ask questions of or interact with Emma personally?
Yes. Once you have purchased a course or product, you can post your questions and comments via the comment sections on each unit. I answer as many questions as I can on a regular basis. This also provides a unique opportunity for students to network with each other, and learn from each other’s experiences.
- Can I send my manuscript to you to see if it’s ready for publication?
I do offer editorial evaluations and line editing as a business, as well as one-to-one mentoring, which can be purchased in one-hour increments. You can find out more information about my editorial services on my website: http://www.emmawaltonhamilton.com.
- What is the cancellation or refund policy?
Should you wish to cancel your purchase, you may do so at any time for up to 30 days and receive a full refund. After 30 days, all sales are final.
- Do you have any courses or products that will help me with the submission process?
Yes! My friend Julie Hedlund and I recently launched The Complete Picture Book Submissions System. Our Complete Picture Book Submissions System walks you through every step of the submission process. From researching agents and editors to creating a captivating query; from formatting your manuscript correctly to evaluating an offer – and MORE – our System has you covered. If you’re interested in learning more, click here.
- How can I contact you if I need help logging-in or if can’t access materials or downloads?
If you’re having trouble downloading materials, visit our Download Instructions page first to see if your question is answered there. If you are still having technical difficulties, please email email@example.com
- I have a question specific to one of your courses, do you have an FAQ for each course?
Yes, I do. FAQs specific to each course can be found on the course homepage or each course’s sales page.
- I’d like to give one of your courses or resources as a gift. Can I purchase a gift certificate?
Absolutely! Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
Still have questions that haven’t been answered here? Email email@example.com